Flu Season 2023/24 is here!
- If you are over 65 or in an ‘at risk’ group, you are eligible for a FREE flu jab and COVID jab; OR
- If you are aged 18-64 and have received a text from the practice with a booking PIN number.
Please call our automated telephone booking line on 029 2002 3577, which is available 24/7.
If you are a registered housebound patient, our local district nurses will be in contact once they have finalised their schedule.
Please note that this year if you are 50-64 and not in a clinical risk group, Welsh Government have decided you do not qualify for a free vaccine.
- Saturday 30th September @ Llanrumney Medical Center (CF3 5NP)
- Saturday 30th September @ Wellbeing Hub @ Maelfa (Llanedeyrn CF23 9PF)
- Sunday 1st October @ Llanrumney Medical Center (CF3 5NP)
- Saturday 7th October @ Llanrumney Medical Center (CF3 5NP)
- Saturday 7th October @ Wellbeing Hub @ Maelfa (Llanedeyrn CF23 9PF)
The surgery must buy in thousands of vaccines for our eligible patient groups, so if you have had your flu vaccine from us before, please continue to have your vaccine from us, otherwise we are financially disadvantaged and will have to dispose of unused vaccines at the end of the flu season. In addition, if you have previously received your flu vaccine from elsewhere, please consider supporting the surgery and think of booking your flu vaccine with us this year.
- You are pregnant
- You are aged 65 or over
- You are aged six months to 64 years and have a long-term health condition that puts you at increased risk from flu, including but not limited to:
- A heart problem
- A chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma that requires regular steroid inhalers or tablets
- Kidney disease (from stage 3)
- Lowered immunity due to disease or treatment (and close contacts of people in this group)
- Liver disease
- Had a stroke or mini stroke
- A neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, or motor neurone disease
- A missing spleen or a problem with it
- Learning disability
- Severe mental illness
- Morbidly obese (class III obesity). This is defined as those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above, aged 16 or over.
- You are homeless
For more information on the flu vaccine please go to https://phw.nhs.wales/services-and-teams/beat-flu/.
We kindly request all patients please adhere to the following:
- Arrive promptly for your appointment, but not to early
- Remove your coat/jumper whilst waiting to go into your flu jab and store these in a carrier bag
- Attend on your own to reduce footfall in the clinical areas, except for those who are frail or disabled and may need a carer or family member to accompany them, or if you are attending as a couple/family
- Be prepared to confirm your personal details as well as any allergies/previous reactions you may have had to the flu or other vaccine.
- Use hand sanitiser facilities provided upon entry to the surgery